Annual Meeting set for June 10th
Annual meeting Scheduled for June 10 with precautions
Plans are for Verendrye members to enjoy a hot meal and win prizes at their 82nd Annual Meeting, all while continuing to take precautions against the spread of COVID- 19.
The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 10 in the State Fair Center in Minot. Registration will start at 5 p.m., and the meal that includes meatballs and mashed potatoes will be served from 5 to 6:30 p.m. The business meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. There will not be entertainment this year. A small sealable glass container will be given as a gift to registered members.
Several precautions will be taken to guard against the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Hot meals will be served in individually packaged containers
- There will not be displays in the dining hall, which will allow more dining tables to be set up to allow social distancing
- Seating in the business meeting will be spaced out for social distancing
- Capital credit checks will be mailed, rather than handed out at the meeting to help speed up registration
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available and encouraged for everyone to use at the meeting
- There will not be kids’ activities or entertainment at the meeting
There will be a drawing for a $2,750 prize. The drawing will include all Verendrye members, and if the member’s name drawn is registered and in attendance at the time of the drawing, they will with the $2,750.
If the person whose name is drawn is not in attendance, then Verendrye will draw only out of names of people who registered at the meeting for the consolation prize of $820. The winner of the consolation prize must be in attendance at the time of the drawing.
There will also be smaller door prizes given away during the meeting to registered members.
5 p.m. – Registration
5 to 6:30 p.m. – Dinner
6:30 p.m. – Call to order
Call for nominations